for operations with catalysts
Loading and unloading of catalysts
in an inert atmosphere
Depending on the characteristics of the reactor, of the various fills and of the physical state of the catalyst, unloading can be done in the following ways:
- By gravity from the bottom.
- By vacuum, beginning at the top of the reactor.
- Using a combination of both systems if the reactor has different fills.
Reactors can be loaded using hoppers and hoses, which minimize the impacts that can mechanically damage a catalyst. The techniques used for loading include:
- Dense loading
- Sock loading
The main characteristics of catalyst removal and loading jobs are the following:
- The product is stored in an intermediate silo. Using a system of gate valves, the catalyst can be placed in containers (big bags, drums, bins or other containers), or it can be sieved and separated. We own all of these systems:
- The system can be made completely air-tight, which allows recovering the nitrogen and returning it to the reactor to maintain the atmosphere. We thereby increase safety and quality and minimize costs for the owner.
We neutralize and clean the equipment right after it is unloaded.
• Using Life Support Systems (LSSs), we conduct comprehensive and continuous control of the interior conditions of a reactor, while at the same time maintaining uninterrupted communication with the operator, who is kept in sight at all times.
• We use safety systems that are adapted to the different jobs to be performed. We have integrated a loading hopper in a combined design that has a pneumatically driven rescue device and a fall-arrest harness to improve operations at the plant.
• Loading and unloading accessories of our own design resulting from the know-how we have amassed over the years.
• Other services provided:
- Welding jobs in an inert atmosphere.
- Miscellaneous metal-working jobs and the disassembly and assembly of support grilles, thermocouples, distributors and internal parts, among others.
Advantages of loading and unloading catalysts
in inert environment
Our own and specific training for inert atmospheres
Highly qualified personnel
Execution of jobs while ensuring maximum safety
Safety systems that are adapted and improved for the activity
Agility for responding to urgent jobs
Performance of mechanical, neutralizing and final cleaning tasks on reactors
A market that requires constant maintenance work to operate correctly.
A market with tight requirements for execution times and quality: two of our company’s cornerstones.
Home Owners’ Associations and Individuals
We use modern, specialized equipment for all types of services and all types of customers.
A sector that is highly modernized technologically, with demanding quality and safety expectations and requiring highly specialized solutions: a perfect match with Lagupres’s DNA.
A highly specialized and technologically modern sector with demanding quality requirements: a perfect target for Lagupres.
A market where equipment performance is essential to earning maximum profit. We help to achieve the best result. We help to achieve the best result.
The elimination of surface coatings, the elimination of rust and coatings on internal parts and the cleaning of ship holds, among others.
The generation of paper pulp, the final finish of paper and cardboard cutting and folding are activities that generate a large amount of waste, where we can help.
This is the sector where we started and which has seen us grow, and it is where we have specialized, modernized technologically and differentiated ourselves.
A market that can take advantage of the machinery and technical improvements developed in the petrochemical industry.
Steel Industry and Metal Processing Companies
A market with high-density residue that we can dry vacuum.